In the Foundation Stone

In the foundation stone laid in 1956 in the front corner of our sanctuary are the following items:

  • A Revised Standard Version of the Bible
  • The 1956 church hymnal
  • Some church bulletins of the time
  • A copy of the history of the church, which was written by Dr. Fremont P. Wirth
  • A yearbook of the “Women of the Church”
  • A copy of Jesse Wills’ book, The Tower Sees 100 Years
  • A list of the church members at the time
  • An Oak Hill Chapel program of October 15, 1950
  • A few sermons by Walter R. Courtenay
  • A map of Nashville
  • Old coins contributed by John H. Tipton
  • Copies of the Tennessean, the Nashville Banner, Time and Life magazines and The New York Times
© 2022 First Presbyterian Church | 4815 Franklin Pike, Nashville, TN 37220 | (615) 383-1815
Website By Worship Times